A different family recipe to delight your taste buds in your favorite chicken curry with a coconut flavor. It is one of the finest South Indian dishes. We had the recipe served for our family and the response on the same was really good. So the idea to share the dish across the food lovers came to our attention.
Please follow the below process to prepare the dish and make sure to add the appropriate level of spicy according to your interests.
20 medium pieces chicken; 4 long sliced onions; 4 chilies; Ginger as required; Garlic as required; 1 and half tablespoon coriander powder; 1 tablespoon turmeric powder; 5 piece cloves; 4 piece cinnamon; 4 piece cardamoms; 1 tablespoon chili powder; 4 piece potato; 3 tomatoes; Curry leaves as required; Sunflower oil as needed; Salt as needed; 2 cups of grinned coconut; 5 pieces of pearl onion; Small quantity of aniseed
How to make coconut paste?
Pour oil in a cooking pan and heat it in the stove for a few minutes. Then mix grinned coconut, pearl onions and aniseed in the pan. Fry the same till the appearance of the mix turns brown in colour. Take it outside and keep it sometime for the heat to reduce. Now grind it in the mixer to form a paste.
Simple procedure to make the family recipe:
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan for a few minutes.
- Crush the cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms and add it in the pan.
- Then add onions to it and heat the mix for a few minutes.
- Now add ginger garlic paste to it and heat for a few minutes.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Add clean chicken with enough salt.
- Fry the items in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, potato, tomato and curry leaves.
- Close the pan with a lid and allow it to boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut paste and mix with the contents for a few minutes.
- Transfer the family dish to a dinning plate.
You may have this family dish with chapatti, naan, roti or boiled rice. Have salad as a side dish for better digestion. Hope you enjoyed making the dish and having it.